Nitinol is a metal alloy which is flexible and has shape memory. This means that the nitinol portion of the instrument can be bent by the user to a desired curved shape for use. The instrument will return back to its original shape when exposed to a temperature of 60°C – 90°C (140° – 194°F).
- Cost effectiveness – The nitinol shafts of the MEMORY instruments allow bending and manipulation without potential risk of damage to the shaft.
- Ease of use – The nitinol shafts of the MEMORY instruments return to their original shape when exposed to high temperatures… eliminating the frustration of traditional
metal dilators / probes.
- Crimp resistant design -The nitinol shafts will bend and
curve without crimping.
- Durability – Made with the highest grade stainless steel and nitinol.
- Highly polished dilator / probe tip – Allows for ease of use and reduced trauma.
- Pyramid-style knurled handle – Allows surgeon to experience Scanlan’s unique tactile response and firm grip.
- 27 Designs with the following options:
- 2 Different Lengths
- 2 Different Tip Styles
- 15 Different Tip Sizes
- Warranty – Backed by the Scanlan 10-year warranty against manufacturing and material defects.